After a hot and humid couple of days in downtown Chicago, it’s finally feeling a bit like fall today! The cooler forecast is set to continue through the weekend with mild weather perfect for picnics in the park or biking or running along the lakefront. The cooler weather will be especially nice for those doing long runs this weekend as part of Chicago Marathon training. The Marathon is just over one month away, and there are still many other races and runs taking place in downtown Chicago this fall. We’ve partnered with many races to offer discounted rates for runners, family, and friends who need a place to stay downtown before or after running.
- Sept 15th Bucktown 5k – the best goodie bag in town!
- Sept 28th Crosstown Classic 10k – the ultimate rivalry run; which team will you run for? the White Sox or the Cubs?
- Oct 13th Chicago Marathon – One of the International Marathon Majors, this is one of the world’s top marathons!
- Oct 19th Men’s Health Urbanathlon – This 10 mile run includes obstacles such as climbing over school buses and running the stairs at Soldier Field! Hyatt Regency McCormick Place Partner at just $179 including free parking and packet pick up in the hotel :
- Oct 26th Pumpkins in the Park 5k – Chicago’s official family Halloween race includes 3 “Fear Zones” as well as children’s activities
- Nov 2nd Carrera de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) 5k – Celebrate Hispanic culture’s Day of the Dead in Pilsen with face painting and delicious after race food
- Nov 3rd Hot Chocolate 15k/5k – America’s sweetest race! Will you race for chocolate? Hyatt Regency McCormick Place Partner with a discounted rate of just $149:
- Nov 16th Ugly Sweater Run 5k – Celebrate the holiday season by rummaging up your ugliest sweater and sporting it during your run!
- Nov 30th Ditka Dash 5k – a new race to Chicago and Soldier Field this year, all runners will receive a mustache and aviator sunglasses just like da’ coach.
Running one of these upcoming Chicago races and need a downtown hotel? Even if we are not a partner with the race, you can still save 20% off our daily rates when you book through this link. If you are training for the Chicago Marathon, best of luck with your long runs and on race day. It will all pay off at the finish line!
You’re more than welcome at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, 2233 South Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60616; +1 312 567 1234